‘Operation vote’ was a project which, from November 2012 to October 2014, addressed the issue of insufficient political and social participation of EU citizens residing in member States of which they are not nationals. Its added value was to complement the initiatives undertaken by Member States and local authorities aimed at raising awareness among EU movers about their electoral rights and to increase their political participation through close cooperation between NGOs working with EU migrants and their organizations. The project was carried out in Austria, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Sweden with the financial support of the Fundamental Rights and Citizenship Programme of the European Union.
Download the products of ‘Operation Vote’:
- Five studies which mapped and analysed the political participation of resident EU movers in Austria, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Sweden.
- European study on the situation of participation in the five countries, containing recommendations addressed to the Member states.
- Production of a video on voting rights.
- National campaigns aimed at informing EU citizens about their political rights on the occasion of the European Elections in 2014 and local elections in 2013 and 2014.
- A final European conference that analysed the results of the campaigns and disseminated the results of the entire project.